This option enables an email notification to be sent to you when an action occurs that meets the configured conditions.
Clicking Notification Rules on the Rules Setup screen displays the Notification Rules screen, shown below. Follow the steps below to work with the Notification Rules screen.
The following columns of information are displayed on this screen for each Rule on the Notification Rules list.
- Rule ID: A system-generated identifier for the Rule.
- Name: The name of the Rule
- Status: The status of the Rule, either On or Off.
- Object: The Main Object associated with the Rule.
- On Action: The Action to be taken when the Rule is called.
- On Change: Changing of this field will fire a new Rule.
Select the Main Object for which you want to display Notification Rules from the Object list.
- Click New to create a new Notification Rule.
- Click Edit to make change to an existing Notification Rule.
- Click Copy to make a copy of the Notification Rule.
- Click Delete to remove the Notification Rule from the system.
- Click Options to set the time parameter for running the Notification in the background, as shown below. This setting is Disabled by default. Click Save to save any change made
Notification Rules option
New Notification Rule
Clicking New on the Notification Rules screen displays the New Notification Rule screen, shown below. Follow the steps below to add a new Notification Rule to Sf CRM.
New Notification Rules
- Enter a name for the new Notification Rule in the Name text field.
- Select the Status On or Off radio button to indicate the new Notification Rule’s status.
- Select an Object to associate with the new Notification Rule from the Object
- Select an Action to be taken when the New Notification Rule is fired from the On Action
- Select Fields from the Fields window, illustrated below, that is displayed when you click to the right of the On Change text field.
- In the Additional condition (optional) portion of the screen, click to display the Conditions window, shown below.
- Select Tables on the From Tables list and click Add to move them to the Tables Selected list, as When a Table is highlighted on the Tables Selected list, its fields are displayed on the Fields Shown list. Conversely, move Tables from the Tables Selected list back to the From Tables list by highlighting them on the list and clicking Remove.
- Enter any applicable Conditions to the Where Conditions text box.
- Select the Show link tables and joining Conditions check box. The Join Conditions Disclaimer window, shown below, is displayed to ensure that is your intention.
- Click OK if you would like to proceed or Cancel if you don’t to exit this screen.
- Select the Customized Email from Address check box and enter a customized Email Address, if necessary.
- Select the Email To check box and enter the Email address of the individual to be sent the Notification rule notification, separating multiple Email addresses with a comma.
- Select the From List check box to define the distribution list for the Notification Rule.
- Select the Users check box and select users from the Users list who should receive this new
- Select the Notify Fields check box and select the necessary entities there who should receive the new Notification Rule.
- Select the Email to the following check box and select the individuals on the list that should receive notification of the new Notification Rule.
- Select the Notify Others check box to indicate additional recipients who should receive alerts regarding the Notification Rule.
- Select an Email Template for the Notification Rule from the Email Template list, or click to display the Email Templates window, shown below, where you can make a
- In the Update portion of the screen, click the drop-down list to select update option.
- Enter a value in the With value field.
Modify Notification Rule
Clicking Edit on Notification Rule on the Notification Rules screen displays the Notification Rule Setup screen, shown below, where changes can be made to an existing Notification Rule.
Follow the steps outlined within the New Notification Rule screen section of this document to make any necessary changes to an existing Notification Rule.
Modify Notification Rules
Copy Notification Rule
Clicking Copy for a Rule on the Notification Rules list displays the Copy Notification Rule screen, illustrated below, which allows you to quickly make a copy of an existing Notification Rule to generate a new one based on the exiting Rule’s settings. Follow the steps in the New Notification Rule section of this document if you need to make any modifications for the new Rule you are creating.
Delete Notification Rule
Clicking Delete for a Rule on the Notification Rules list allows you to remove that Rule from the system. A Confirmation window, shown below, is displayed to ensure that is your intention before taking this action. Click OK to remove the Rule from the system or click Cancel to exit this window without deleting the Rule.
Delete Notification Rules
Notification rule Option
Clicking Option for a Rule selected on the Notification Rules list allows you to set the time parameter for running that Rule in the background, using the Notification Rules Option window shown below. Disabled is selected by Default. Select a time parameter from the Run at background list and click Save to save the setting for that Rule.
Notification Rules Option