Escalation rules set the criteria for sending notifications when the status of an Object does not change for a predefined duration. Escalation Rules can only be set by the Soffront CRM administrator.
Clicking Escalation Rules on the Rules Setup Menu, displays the Escalation Rules screen, shown below.
Escalation Rules Screen
- Select the Main Object for which you want to display Escalation Rules from the Object
- Click New to create a new Escalation Rule.
- Click Edit to make changes to an existing Escalation Rule.
- Click Copy to make a copy of an existing Escalation Rule.
- Click All to view the list of log file associated with an Escalation Rule.
- Click Delete to remove an Escalation Rule from the system.
New Escalation Rule
Clicking New on the Escalation Rules screen displays the New Escalation Rule screen, shown below. Follow the steps below to work with the New Escalation Rules screen.
New Escalation Rules Screen
- Enter a name for the new Escalation Rule in the Name text field.
- Select the Status On or Off radio button to indicate the new Escalation Rule’s status.
- Select a time increment for firing the new Escalation Rule from the Run every
- Select an Object to associate with the new Escalation Rule from the Object
- In the Rule Condition portion of the screen, enter time parameters for how long the new Escalation Rule’s status has been unchanged and add an additional condition in the Additional Condition (Optional) text box if necessary. Click to the right of this text box to display the Conditions window, shown below.
Escalation Rules Screen
- Select Tables on the From Tables list and click Add to move them to the Tables Selected list, as When a Table is highlighted on the Tables Selected list, its fields are displayed on the Fields Shown list. Conversely, move Tables from the Tables Selected list back to the From Tables list by highlighting them on the list and clicking Remove.
- Enter any applicable Conditions to the Conditions text box.
- Select the Show link tables and joining Conditions check box. The Join Conditions Disclaimer window, shown below, is displayed to ensure that is your intention.
- Click OK if you would like to proceed or Cancel if you don’t to exit this screen.
Escalation Rules Popup Message
Note: This allows you to create complex Queries for conditions. You can create Join Queries to specify your even load conditions.
- Select the Email To check box and enter the Email address of the individual to be sent the Escalation Notification, separating multiple Email addresses with a comma.
- Select the Distribution List check box to define the distribution list for the Escalation Rule.
- Select the Users check box and select users from the Users list who should receive this new Escalation Rule. Select the users and Click Add to apply escalation rule to the selected users. Click Remove or Remove All to remove users from the list.
- Select the Notify Fields check box and select the necessary entities there who should receive the new Escalation Rule.
- Select the Email to the following check box and select the individuals on the list that should receive notification of the new Escalation Rule.
- Modify the subject line in the Email Subject text field, if necessary.
- Modify the text/code for the Email body in the Email Body text field, if necessary.
- Select a Report Template for the new Escalation Rule from the Report Template
- Select update from the Update dropdown list.
- Type in value in the value textbox.
Modify Escalation Rule
Clicking Edit on the Escalation Rules screen displays the Escalation Rule Setup screen, shown below. Here changes can be made to an existing Escalation Rule. Follow the same steps described in the New Escalation Rule section of this document to make any changes to an existing Escalation Rule.
Modify Escalation Rules Screen
Copy Escalation Rule
Clicking Copy on the Escalation Rules screen displays the Escalation Rule Setup screen, shown below in. Use this screen to quickly make a copy of an existing Escalation Rule in order to create a new one based on the existing Rule’s parameters. Follow the steps in the New Escalation Rule section of this document for working with this screen.
Copy Escalation Rules Screen
Delete Escalation Rule
Clicking Delete with a Rule selected on the Escalation Rules list allows you to remove an Escalation Rule from the system. A Confirm Delete Escalation Rule window, shown below, is displayed to confirm that is your intention. Click OK to delete the Escalation Rule from Soffront CRM or click Cancel to exit this window without removing the Rule.
Delete Escalation Rules