Email response rule allows you to setup automated email message when an action occurs that meets the configured conditions.
Selecting Email Response Rules on the Rules Setup menu displays the Email Response Rules screen, shown below, which lists the existing Email Response Rules.
Follow the steps below to work with the Email Response Rules screen.
Columns of information displayed for each line on the Email Response Rules list are:
|Rule||Name: The name of the Email Response Rule.|
|Status||The status of the Email Response Rule.|
|The Email Address of the individual who created the Email Response Rule|
|And Create||What action to take when the Email Response Rule is fired.|
Email Response Rules
New Email Response Rule
Clicking New on the Email Response Rule screen.
Follow the steps below to create a new Email Response Rule.
New Email Response Rules
- ID is a system-generated identifier for the Email Response Rule.
- Enter a name for the new Email Response Rule in the Rule name text field.
- The Status field will be set to New upon saving the new Email Response Rule.
- Enter an Email Address for the individual responsible for the new Email Response Rule in the Process from email text field.
- Select a time interval at which the system will check to Email requiring the use of the new Email Response Rule on the Scheduled Interval (mins)
- Select what should be created when using the new Email Response Rule by making a selection from the AND create Available options are Defect, HD Ticket and Ticket.
- Indicate the location in which to store the Email Subject in the and save the email subject in text field.
- Click to the right of the and link with text field to display the And Link With window shown below. Make a selection from the list and click OK to continue.
- Select Yes or No from the Apply Assignment Rules? Dropdown list.
- Select an Email field from the Email Field
- Click to the right of the Email Template text field to display the Email Template window shown below, where you can select an Email Template to use for the Email Response. Highlight a selection on the list and click OK to continue.
12. Click to the right then reply with text field to display Then reply with window shown below. Select the matching KMS articles or portal server link within the Email Response.
In the Mail Server Information portion of the screen:
- Enter the server name in the Server name text field.
- Enter the login name for that server in the Login Name text field.
- Enter the password associated with the login name in the Password text field.
- Select the server type from the Type Available options are IMAP and POP3.
- Enter a port number for the server in the Port No. text field.
- Select Yes or No from the Secure list to indicate whether or not the server is a secure server.
- Select the Outgoing Mail Require Authentication check box if that is required by the server handing the Email Response Rule.
In the Knowledge Management Server Information portion of the screen:
- Enter the server name for the Knowledge Management Server in the Server Name text field.
- Enter the folder name that will be handling the Email Response Rule within the Knowledge Management Server directory tree in the Folder Name text field.
- Enter the username for the Knowledge Management Server in the KMS User text field.
In the Portal Server information portion of the screen:
- Enter the URL for the portal server in the Portal Server text field.
- Click Save to save the Email Response Rule to the system.