Leads Management in Soffront CRM allows you to set up rule-based follow up for leads, accounts or tickets. You can define the process of assigning leads, accounts or tickets to specify how they are assigned, to which sales person they are assigned and even select the fields that you want to specify while assigning them. Follow the steps below to work with the Assignment Rules screen.
Selecting Assignment Rules on the Rules Setup menu displays the Assignment Rules screen shown below.
Assignment Rules Screen
- Click Configuration to configure assignment rules as described in the Configure Assignment Rules section of this document.
- Click New to create a new Rule.
- Click Edit to modify an existing Rule.
- Click Copy to copy an existing Rule.
- Click Delete to remove a Rule from Sf CRM.
- Click Modify Order to set the order of the Rules created.
- Select the Main Object for which to display Assignment Rules from the Selected Table list that contains the Leads, Account, Ticket, Help Desk Ticket and Defect objects with which you want to work.
Configure Assignment Rules
Clicking Configure on the Assignment Rules screen displays the Configure Assignment Rules screen, shown below, this allows you to configure the Assignment Rules for the Main Object that has been selected from the Selected Table list on the Assignment Rules screen. Follow the steps below to configure an Assignment Rule.
Assignment Rules Configuration Screen
- Select a Main Object from the Select an object
- Move fields from the Available Fields list to the Selected Fields list by highlighting them on the list and clicking Add. Multiple selections can be made using the Ctrl and Shift Conversely, move fields within the Selected Fields list back to the Available Fields list by highlighting them on the list and clicking Remove.
- Choose an employee who will be the default assignee for the Assignment Rule from the Select default person to assign
- In the Select the fields to save assigned person’s name portion of the screen, move fields from the Available Fields list to the Selected Fields list by highlighting them on the list and clicking Add. Multiple selections can be made using the Ctrl and Shift Conversely, move fields within the Selected Fields list back to the Available Fields list by highlighting them on the list and clicking Remove.
- Check the After assignment schedule an activity, with subject check box and option and enter the subject in the text field.
- In the Define Duplicate rule section, either choose Assign the duplicate record to Current owner or any other user from the list.
- Click to save the changes.
- Click to exit the screen without making any changes.
Notes: The Assignment Rule will be fired for Accounts, Defect, HD Ticket, Leads and Ticket, and these objects will be displayed on the Assignment Rules screen. This rule will be fired only when the Assign To value is blank. If you create any new records for the objects mentioned above (i.e., Accounts) and leave the Assign To (e.g., Sales Rep) field empty then the default value (set from the New Assignment Rule screen) will be generated for the field.
New Assignment Rule
Clicking New on the Assignment Rules screen displays the New Assignment Rule screen, shown below, which is used to generate new Assignment Rules within Sf CRM. Follow the steps below to work with the New Assignment Rule screen.
Assignment Rules Setup Screen
- Enter a name for the new Assignment Rule in the Name text field and select the Status On or Status Off radio button, as appropriate.
- Select the position within the company associated with the new Assignment Rule from the Assignee Field list.
- Select to the right of the If text box to display the Select Fields and Specify Condition window, shown below.
Assignment Rules Configuration Screen
- With a Field highlighted on the Fields list, click Fields to display the Configure Field window, shown below.
Configure Field Screen
- Enter Keywords for the Field in the Keyword text field and then click Add to add them to the List of keywords Conversely, delete keywords from the List of Keywords list by selecting them on the list and clicking Remove.
- Select the Wildcard Search checkbox and then the Starting With, Ending With or Anywhere in the String radio button to set up a Wildcard Search for the Field.
- In the Search Options portion of the screen, select the none, or terms or And Items radio button or the Not checkbox to configure the Search Option for the Field.
3. Select the Assign To Condition check box then click to the right of the Condition text box to display the Assign to window, shown below, and assign personnel as a Condition for this Field.
- Move personnel from the Available list to the Selected list by selecting them and clicking Add. Conversely, move personnel from the Selected list back to the Available list by selecting them on the list and clicking Remove.
4. Select either the Round Robin or Even Load based on the following condition radio button. If you select the Even Load based on the following condition radio button, click to the right of the text box to display the Even Load Based on a Condition window shown below.
- Select a Sf CRM Object Table in the From Tables list and click Add to move that Table to the Tables Selected List, and have the Fields within that Table display in the Fields Shown Conversely, select any tables you have added to the Selected Tables list and click Remove to move that Table back to the From Tables list.
Notes: Do not attempt to remove the default Table that automatically displays in the Tables Selected list. You will receive a system-generated error message.
Modify Assignment Rule
Clicking Edit for a line on the Assignment Rules list displays the Modify Assignment Rule screen, shown below, where changes can be made to an existing Assignment Rule. Follow the steps (1to 4) outlined within the New Assignment Rule section of this document to make any necessary modifications.
Assignment Rule Modify Screen
Copy Assignment Rule
Clicking Copy for a line on the Assignment Rules list displays the Copy Assignment Rule screen, shown below, which allows you to quickly make a copy of an existing Assignment Rule and generate a new Rule based on its parameters. Please refer to the New Assignment Rule section steps (1to 4) of this document for making any necessary modifications.
Assignment Rule Copy Screen
Delete Assignment Rule
Clicking Delete for a Rule on the Assignment Rules list allows you to remove that Rule from the system. A Confirmation window, shown below, is displayed to ensure that is your intention. Click OK to remove the Rule or click Cancel to exit this window without removing the Rule.
Delete Assignment Rule
Modify Rule Order
Clicking Modify Order on the Assignment Rules screen displays the Modify Rule Order screen, shown below, this allows you to quickly change the order in which the Rules on the Assignment Rules list are displayed. Follow the steps below to work with Assignment Rules page.
- Select the Rule you want to change and click on the Order dropdown list to select the new order number.
- Click Save to display new order of the Assignment rule’s list.
- Click Close to exit page without making any changes.
Modify Assignment Rule Order Screen