With time it becomes more difficult to find important information from your child records. The search filter in child object preview panel allows you to easily search your child records . You can see up to five search results on the preview panel and more on the list view page.
To search a child object open a record containing child objects such as Notes.
- For example open All Contacts. ( All contacts has child object as Notes)
- Click on the number adjustment to the note to open child preview panel.
- On the top of the child preview panel you will find a drop-down list, a search bar and a link icon
- Search Drop-down :
- Will allow you to select the fields to search within the Child object.
- By default All will be selected which will allow searching all text fields on the Child object.
2. Search Box:
- will allow you to type in keywords that can be searched for the selected field on the Object.
- The latest 5 records for the search results will be displayed on the Preview Pane , More button will display more search results.
3. Child Filters.
- Child Filters that were created in the Child objects will be Available when the icon is clicked for selection.
- On selection the record set on the panel it will display the records corresponding to the filter.
- The Filter will remain active when you move from one parent record to the other on the list /query view.
4. Drill Down
- When you click on a record on the child preview panel, You will be able to drill down to the record’s details on a new tab.